Entertainment

RHOBH’s Sutton Stracke Apologizes for “Insensitive” Reaction to Dorit’s Robbery After Kyle Shades Her, Where They Stand

Sutton Stracke is offering a public apology for the insensitive way she reacted to learning of Dorit Kemsley‘s home invasion.

Following a shocking sneak peek at the new season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, which featured a crying Kyle Richards and a seemingly unmoved Sutton, Sutton is explaining her cold reaction and offering an update on where her relationship with Dorit stands today.

“I had a weird day and so I wasn’t focused and I was insensitive to what happened,” Sutton admitted to Page Six on May 10. “Once I kind of got my brain settled and understood the severity, I think contrite can only explain how I felt.”

In a preview clip shared on Tuesday, Sutton was seen arriving to Kyle’s home to a devastated Kyle.

“It’s weird,” Sutton said of the incident.

“It’s terrifying,” Kyle clarified.

“I’ve been putting out fires all day today, too. But it might just be that kind of day… Oh gosh, I’ve got this French designer that I’m bringing,” Sutton replied, complaining about delays from immigration.

“That doesn’t seem like a fire after what [Dorit just went through],” Kyle interjected, giving a nod to not only the theft of a reported $1 million in jewelry, bags, and other items, but the trauma their castmate faced as she worried for her life and the lives of her two children, son Jagger, 8, and daughter Phoenix, 6, who were sleeping in another room when the crime occurred.

“Well it is for me and my business and what I’m trying to do,” Sutton clapped back at Kyle, continuing to spotlight her own life troubles. “It’s all relative. I mean, I wasn’t held and gunpoint. I’m sorry.”

In a confessional, Kyle was understandably caught off-guard by Sutton’s uncaring reaction.

“What is wrong with you? Are you that wrapped up in yourself that you are not grasping what just happened to our friend?” she asked.

As RHOBH fans will recall, Dorit was robbed by armed men at her $7.9 million Encino home in October 2021 as her husband, Paul “PK” Kemsley, was out of town in London.

Looking back, Sutton said that she would never “want anything bad to happen to Dorit or her family.”

“None of us want anything bad to happen to any of us. That is the scariest thing and the environment that we live in, especially here in LA in Beverly Hills, it kind of set me off a little bit,” Sutton admitted of her bizarre response to the news. “I just wasn’t there. I wasn’t being present. And so I think insensitive is the best word for [my reaction to the break-in]. And I was very sorry for it.”

Although Sutton appeared unconcerned about her castmate in the clip, things appeared to be cordial, at the very least, between them last month, when the attended the Stagecoach music festival together.

Speaking of where they stand today, Sutton joked that said 12 is her “season of forgiveness.”

“I’ve loved getting to know her [and] I’ve loved getting to know PK more,” she added. “He’s very funny. And her children, I could eat them up. The idea of anything happening to them is awful.”

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season 12 premieres tonight at 8/7c on Bravo.



File source

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close