Reader letter: Society’s pressure on unvaccinated getting out of control

Article content

I’ve got to say if someone would have told me 20 years ago this would be the state of our society today in the greatest free country in the world, I would not have believed it.

Article content

But here we are. This COVID-19 vaccination has caused us to head in the direction of hatred for people refusing to get it.

I feel there are 100 reasons people are getting it. There are 100 reasons people are not and hundreds of those who did, but didn’t really want to be vaccinated.

No matter what the reasoning was behind your decision to get the vaccine or not, you still have that right in this county to decide.

It’s actually embarrassing as a Canadian citizen to see how fast and to what extent the vaccinated side is willing to just cast out the unvaccinated.

Whether I hold a vaccine passport now or not, I feel like taking the standpoint of ‘it’s none of your business’ based on principle.

I’m not going to buy into all these conspiracy theories, but I am starting to think everything is starting to seem like a conspiracy to radicalize society.

Why else can’t we get control of the pandemic if nearly 80 per cent are are vaccinated? And don’t tell me it’s because of the other 20 per cent.

Joe Rebidoux, Amherstburg

Share Your Views

Send letters to the editor to [email protected] (Don’t send them as attachments; put them in the body of the emails). Letters must include your full name, address and phone number. (We will only publish your name and the municipality where you live). Letters must be fewer than 300 words. The Star reserves the right to edit, condense and reject letters.

File source

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button